Your are only 7 steps away!
Before we can talk about reclaiming our personal power we need to become aware whether we hold it or not. Often we aren’t conscious about our own power though.
So how do we find out about it? This is a good question, indeed it can only be answered individually. But often we realise a lack of power when something happens that is upsetting and kicks us out of balance.
For some people it could be as little as a fly humming around their head and for others it could be the traffic jam, a loss, or anything else that shakes up emotions. There might be some of us, who lose balance in the smallest occasion in all areas of their life. Now it is important to find the common value of being emotionally out of inner stability.
Some might call that value an underlying issue, but I do prefer to talk about the value of not having power, that is somehow deeply buried in the subconscious of our minds. This can be the root cause of low self-esteem, low self-confidence, or among some others lack of motivation. It could also be a deep guilt that doesn’t allow us to be as powerful as we are capable of.
Learn now how to keep your balance by reclaiming your personal power:
1. Be true to yourself! Personal power is only granted to the people who are true to themselves. In following your inner guidance, accepting the one who you truly are with all your strength and weaknesses, with all your successes and failures, with all your emotions and talents is the most powerful way of being. From this place you rule your own world, realising your dreams, and being an inspiration to others. From this place too you are able to acknowledge whether you own your power or not.
2. Have a vision! A vision, a dream, or a goal will bring you faster back into your personal power than anything else. Once you have a purpose, something you stand up for, you are destined to reclaim your personal power. Because only your strength and determination can carry you through obstacles, challenges, and storms towards your destination. For something you are passionate about you are ready to go the extra mile.
3. Listen to your inner voice! We all have it, this little voice within arguing with us, pushing us, or even judging our actions. We often try to ignore it with occupying our minds with all kinds of stimuli. Maybe we listen to music, reading a book, getting busy with physical things, or becoming bored once there is nothing else to do. It’s worthwhile to start listening to this inner voice. What is it actually saying? In accepting our inner dialog we gain a greater self-awareness and therefore personal power.
4. Accept all your feelings! We are happy to claim that we are feeling good. But somehow in our society we have learnt to keep negative feelings to ourselves. And even when we hear that someone doesn’t feel too good, we often find ourselves being uncomfortable in that situation not knowing how to react. This way too we might cover a deep unsettled feeling with a positive attitude even for ourselves. In acknowledging and accepting all of our feelings we really start to regain our personal power.
5. Express your feelings! There are many ways of expressing feelings we carry within. Artists paint. Musicians compose. Poets write. What are you doing? Every person has feelings and many of us suppressing rather than expressing them. When we have suppressed our feelings only long enough we at some point explode literally. So it is advisable to express all our feelings when they are present. I recommend to find a physical way of releasing strong negative and positive feelings as for instance in going for a run, boxing a cushion, trampling the feelings into the floor, or screaming into the air. This way you express them without hurting anybody neither and you also keep your personal power instead of giving it away to other people.
6. Find the underlying value! When we do have negative emotions then there is most likely an important value that hasn’t been met. Most of us for instance find it difficult to deal with the loss of beloved ones. As they have been very important people in our life we find it hard to let them go. When we are upset about being bullied at work, the deeper value could be the distrust in our abilities. Being not receptive to financial success, support, or any other type of assistance could relate to a deep guilt we might carry within us, the value of not deserving. There are great number of people out there who can help you to discover the underlying value. To reclaim personal power this is an important key.
7. Let go of the past! Here we are with a phrase that sounds so easy but seems to be so difficult to follow through, still it’s necessary to reclaim all of our personal power. To let go of the past, we first need to accept that we can’t change anything that has happened already. But we can learn from past experiences and do things differently in future. So we have the power to change our focus from past events towards everything we are still able to effect. With that we start leaving the past behind and somehow we have also already started the process of letting go.
It is safe to be powerful! It is really stepping into the person you truly are. The benefits are incredible as you find yourself freed from all external pulls and pushes. You are able to keep your balance and stand up for what you believe. You trust in your abilities and your are receptive to abundance. You are living a happy, healthy, and wealthy life!
by Sandy Seeber – April, 2012 More articles by Sandy Seeber
- 7 Steps to Become a Truly Powerful Woman (sandyseeber.wordpress.com)
- Unchain Your Personal Power (howtobehappycoach.wordpress.com)
- Personal Power: 6 Rules for How to Harness Yours !!! (julespericles.wordpress.com)