Women really do rule the world. They just haven’t figured it out yet. When they do, and they will, we’re all in big big trouble. ~”Doctor Leon,” drleons.com
When I was a teenager I wanted to become financially independent, have a career and everything under control. And once we are determined in our goals we reach them in no time and so did I. But as soon as I have gained what I was looking for I wanted to have a family. That is when I found out that I might not being able to conceive. I was devastated.
My doctor suggested that I remove some of the stress factors from my life. So I did, I separated from my partner after seven years, went on extended holidays, and eventually gave up everything including the financial security that my career has me provided with. I left and travelled around the globe to find out who I am, what I want, and with that faith that some day I will have my own children.
What I have learned on that journey is that true empowerment is not to overpower somebody else. I have learned that being a strong business woman is not necessarily equal with being a powerful woman. I have learned too that as long as I try to be somebody else I would never be able to live my own dreams. I found out that true female empowerment has a much deeper meaning than just overtaking the power of men in this world or to free ourselves from the rules of our society.
Here are my steps in how to become a truly powerful women:
1. Become more self-aware! Awareness is a huge part of empowerment. Once you are aware of your thoughts, feelings, needs, wants and wishes, you have a chance to step into your personal power. Self-awareness also helps to reconnect with your inner self and to fulfil your true potential.
2. Change your self-talk! How do you talk to yourself? Make sure you use powerful and positive words or phrases to nurture your inner self. Instead of saying “I am so stupid”, just say it sarcastically: “Again I have been so clever!” Just the change of words helps already to empower yourself. And there is even more to it. As you start to be kind to yourself, you will be kind to others, and they will eventually be kind to you, too!
3. Break free from your need for approval! Who doesn’t like to be told how great they are? Everyone likes the little praise they get for their successes and it is too a wonderful way to give acknowledgements to others. In recognising the potential, beauty, and achievements around us we also will acknowledge our own accomplishments. Once we do that, we build confidence and trust within ourselves instead of being dependent of the opinions from others.
4. Uncover the cause of your feelings! Feelings of fear, anxiety, and anger are often related to past experiences that had a deep emotional impact on our lives at that time. It’s worth to discover what these experiences were all about as our subconscious mind has created filters that reject all incoming stimuli that is similar to these experiences. Once uncovered we are able to let the past go and move even more into our own power.
5. Break the repetitive patterns of your struggles! That sounds easier than it is, but in looking back and reflecting on your past you might find the one common value of your struggles. Once being aware of it you can eventually break this loop and move forward.
6. Shine for others! When we step into our own personal power we shine. We are curious about other people and we also recognise their beauty, expertise, and uniqueness. While we nurture the true worth of other people and help them to step into their own true potential we shine even brighter. This is where true power comes from as people feel valued and therefore follow you naturally.
7. Be true to yourself! For true empowerment you need to honour yourself, to listen to your body signals, to be kind to yourself, and to be honest to yourself. As you are unique in this world with a unique purpose you will be most powerful once you fully live the true you!
These steps have helped me to realise that female power is really to step into my own personal power. But I also have come to this conclusion that we carry both the female and the male energy within us and once we have found the balance within we are truly empowered to rule the world, namely our unique world.
I have changed my life. I have removed all, that hasn’t been true to me. I have changed my self talk. I have broken free from my need for approval. I have uncovered where my feelings came from, and I have broken the patterns of my past. That all has led me to a journey around the world, to meeting the love of my life, to build a circle of great friends and supportive colleagues, and to turn my passion into my profession. Now I am able to conceive, because now I have balanced the male and the female power within and have stepped into my true power!
by Sandy Seeber – February, 2012 More articles by Sandy Seeber
- 2012, Great Power, and You (wingingwithwhitehawk.wordpress.com)
- Self-empowerment (mentorgirls.wordpress.com)
- Empower Me! (janineraec.wordpress.com)
- Personal Power Path’s iPhone App puts Anger Management at Your Fingertips (prweb.com)