Recession – 10 Positive Ways of Dealing with Recession!
Everywhere I hear the word recession. I almost get tired of it. So I wonder, what makes the word recession so important?
Wikipedia refers to recession as a business cycle that shows a general slowdown in economic activities. As a result of a recession for instance household incomes, business profits and investment spending fall shorter while on the other side more and more people lose their jobs. With regards to this definition recession is a term that describes a business cycle in a country’s or even bigger economy. Well what has all this to do with us? I mean does it really make a difference knowing everything about it? Unfortunately for most people it seemingly does.
People fear to lose their jobs.
People save their money instead of spending it.
People tend to have less fun.
There are some people out there who actually get paid for sorting out the economical situations. It isn’t really our job to do so.
Let’s rather have look in how we can deal with recession in a positive way. Here are my top 10!
- Recession is just a word. Are you actually affected? And if so, what is the real story here? Many people are happy to leave their job they haven’t liked anyway.
- Start to evaluate whether you are doing well or not. If not, how would doing well look like?
- Start looking for different approaches in your life. What do you really need to be happy?
- Stop listening to the news. Find other topics that you are interested in. How about travel destinations?
- Capture your successes regularly. What did you achieve today? Each experience holds a success of learning!
- Look out for the stories of people who still get what they want. Do you know someone who started an amazing job or got a promotion recently? No?, Look out for them, they exist!
- List 10 different things everyday that hasn’t been affected by recession at all. There are enough things and if you can’t think of them immediately start looking for them!
- Money is not everything. Imagine it would not exist at all. How important would a recession be for you?
- Stop moaning and be grateful for what you have and what you have achieved in your life!
- Have fun! Watch a comedy! Meet your friends! Exercise! Enjoy nature! Don’t take life too seriously?
Recession is just a business term that describes the economic situation. It can stay this way as long as you don’t put too much importance on it. Life is not meant to be a struggle. Find a positive perspective of it and stick to it… You will see in no time, life becomes easier and a recession remains just a word in the news!
by Sandy Seeber, Life & Intuitive Coach – November, 2011