Holistic Healing – What is it all about?
A lot of people are running around declaring that this is the end of everything. It’s not. It’s the beginning. This is about repair, not destruction, of our world and our way of life. – Neale Donald Walsh
I was born and raised in East Germany under communist rule. Religion was something that wasn’t considered important by the authorities. So I was never baptised or christened, as my parents believed that once old enough, I would choose for myself what religion to follow. Still I grew up living next to the church in our village and went to classes our pastor would hold for children. That was the first time I heard of someone being able to heal with their bare hands. I was seven years of age, but somehow I doubted the facts and I too lost trust in an authority trying to make me believe fairy tales.
Later in life, I learned about card readings, prophecies, and other esoteric ideas and my interest came back. When I was in my mid twenties and I felt anything but worthy, connected, or happy, I started to study all I could find about the power of thoughts, mind, and feelings. Today I am a “Motivation for Life” & Intuitive Coach and help people to find their own way back to their personal power. But my journey hasn’t ended here.
Last year I started to meet other people who are involved in helping people to step into their own power and I discovered that holistic healing is simply a way of treating your body according to it’s needs. So what do I mean by that?
Whether we are aware of it or not, we all are on our own journey through this life time. But what we are commonly aware of is the way we feel. When we dismiss these feelings our body finds another way of letting us know that something isn’t in order which often results in physical pain. When we still don’t pay attention to our body’s needs, our body might create a bigger unease (dis-ease) with an urgency to pay attention. Once we actually do pay attention we consult our doctor.
Often we are given medicine, sometimes we need surgery, but most of the time we feel better in a few weeks. Sometimes we are referred to a counsellor or a psychologist to work through emotional pain. And in some cases we won’t feel better at all.
Especially in the last ten years we started to look for alternatives to western medicine and health practise. We started to look for other options than the western medicine would be able to offer. Many hoped to find a different way of curing what ever makes us ill. We discovered that healing has been around for a very long time and realised that there are ways of healing that takes the mind-body connection much more into account.
Although there have been holistic practitioners and healers around for a long time, today there is an even greater choice available to us. People who take into account our life circumstances, people who treat us instead of treating a disease. Often these healers help us to discover the cause of our illness or pain and help us healing this issue all together. A holistic partitioner will support us through our healing process in many different ways.
- Healing by supporting your body, muscles, and tissues. Here I am talking mainly about Massage Therapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, and physiologists. All of them aim to help us release stored memories in our muscles and tissues.
- Healing by using pressure points! Acupuncture, Reflexology, Access Bars, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Thought Field Therapy (TFT), and many more ways of using pressure or energy points of our body to release unwanted stored emotion.
- Healing by focussing on our diet. Have you ever heard of this expression “You are what you eat!”? Nutritionists, Dieticians, and other experts help you to find the best diet for you and help you gain a greater awareness about your food intake!
- Healing with herbs. Herbalists have a great knowledge about supportive herbal medicine and so do Homeopaths. The healing process is supported without irritating the body with chemicals.
- Energy Healing. There are great energy healers all over the world who understand how to balance and clear someone’s energy field. Reiki is one of the most known forms of energy healing. But there are others as Bio-Energy Healing, Reconnective Healing, Quantum Healing, Integrated Energy Therapy (IET) and many more.
- Mind Healing. For some people it is necessary to understand what issues hold them back. Awareness is the key. Psychologists, Counsellors, Life Coaches, NPL Masters, Intuitive Consultants and other Experts in mind transformation support this discovery and help you to move on. In this category I would also put guided meditation as it helps clearing the mind and understanding more and more the reason for our feelings.
- Other Support. Yes there is even more! I am surprised every time I learn about a new way of healing without using chemical medicine and surgery. Just recently I learned about PSYCH-K®, a form of re-programming the mind using elements of Kinesiology. Even regular exercise, walking, dancing, yoga, meditation, relaxing treatments, spa days, a bath, a dinner with friends or just a great conversation are ways of holistic healing. There are no limits as long as it makes us feel good about ourselves!
As I meet more holistic healers through my work as the founder of “Holistic Business Network Dublin”, I became curious about the different ways of healing body and mind. In the coming month I am going to post interviews with different practitioners to promote a greater awareness about the alternative ways of healing not only our body and mind, but also our life. Let’s make the best out of it!
- Holistic Healing Guides Your Natural Healing to a Better You (prweb.com)
- The Body-Mind Connection (joyofspa.com)
- Achieving a Healthy State of Mind, Body, and Spirit through Holistic Healing (prweb.com)
- Energy Healing (melissajadegray.wordpress.com)
- Reiki: Profound Affects In Your Life (spiritualhealthandwellnesscenter.wordpress.com)
- L.A. Reiki’s Holistic Energy Healing Powers Prevail (laist.com)
- Energy healing techniques like tai chi can strengthen mind-body connection (dahnyogataichi.com)
- Christina “GiGi” Hein and Rozalind Sue joined Humanity Healing Community (community.humanityhealing.net)
- 2012 Readers’ Choice Awards for Holistic Healing (whiterosepath.wordpress.com)